- Dealing damage to an opposing player or unmanned asset. This is by far the most common way of earning points.
- Getting a kill. This by itself does not earn as many points as doing damage does.
- Capturing areas in Terrain Control.
- Spotting opposing players and relaying that information using C3.
- From guiding your teammates' missiles to opposing players via NARC beacons or TAG lasers.
As you gain points, you will progress through the ranks, enabling you to have more CBills available when you respawn. Your current point total is displayed on the scoreboard, which can be viewed by pressing Tab key with the default controls.
It is important to note that points are displayed in per thousands for the sake of clarity.
All assets belong to a numerical tier (i.e. tier 1, tier 2, etc.). When earning points through damage, you will gain more by damaging a higher tier asset when piloting a lower tier one. This mechanic helps late-joiners catch up to other players more quickly than they otherwise could. An asset damaging another, higher-tiered asset will receive a 5% cash bonus for every tier level difference. Likewise, an asset damaging another of lower tier will receive a 5% cash reduction for every tier level difference. This is calculated in-game by 1.0+(tierDifference*0.1), where tierDifference is from the perspective of the attacking asset - this value can be negative if the attacked asset is lower tier. Below is a listing of all assets and their respective tiers:
|---|| Black Lanner
| Madcat MKII
| Blood Asp|