Terrain Control (TC) is a ticket based team oriented game mode that was added in MWLL 0.4.0.
The two teams, Inner Sphere and Clan, fight over a series of capture points to drain the enemy team's tickets. Once a team runs out of tickets, a timer will begin to count down. If the team without tickets cannot tie the other team by bringing their ticket count to zero, that team loses. If both teams still have tickets by the time the match ends, the team with the most tickets at the end wins. If both teams are at zero tickets, then the team with the most living players wins the game.
Players gain ranks by raising their score, which increases the amount of CBills they start with on each respawn. Score is awarded for dealing damage to enemies, helping teammates with C3, TAG, AECM, or NARC, and most importantly by liberating capture points.
Strategy & Gameplay Tips
- Most of the combat takes place inside or around the capture points, which are mostly bases, outposts or similar built up areas, often protected by walls and automatic turrets. Due to this, more emphasis is put on close quarter combat and weapons like SRMs and large AutoCannons gain importance here, while LRMs and Arrow IVs lose some of their usefulness.
- Some capture points have Hangars and Repair Bays in their vicinity, giving the defender a severe advantage if the attacker only engages them in a long range slugging match. This is entirely dependent on the map.
- Kills are only the most important thing at the very beginning of the game when ticket bleed rates are low. However, by the end of the game, a team can outkill their opponents by a factor of 2:1 and still lose by failing to capture and hold enough bases.
- Teamwork is essential in the TC game-mode, both for coordinating captures and for defending gains or assaulting the opposing team's territory.
- If your team is losing during a TC match and the timer appears, don't panic. It is still possible to tie the game by bringing the other team to zero tickets and then by having more players currently alive than the other team.