How to Install MWLL
From Mechwarrior Living Legends Wiki
The install process for Mechwarior Living Legends (MWLL) is undergoing some rapid changes. To help developers, and you, this guide should help with the process for version '0.8.2'.
You may also use this guide that will lead you through installation of MWLL: https://www.reddit.com/r/MWLL/wiki/guides/install
Minimum System Requirements
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista), AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista)
- RAM: 1GB (1.5GB on Windows Vista)
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista)
- VRAM: 256MB of Graphics Memory
- Storage: 10 to 15GB (New Maps take additional space)
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Vista (See Also Linux Installation and Mac Installation)
- DirectX: DX9.0c or DX10
If you had MWLL installed previously, a clean install is recommended.
Download file and Patch
- Goto external link https://clanjadewolf.net/mwll/ and:
- Download the 0.8 Installer
- Download latest patch (0.8.2)
Note: It is recommended to use the torrent for higher speed were available. If for some reason you need it the mirror can be used.
Extract the files
Use 7-zip or a similar utility to extract the files to a temporary location.
Install the files
- Install 0.8 by running MWLL-0.8CE+CW_setup.exe
- Patch up to 0.8.2 by running MWLL-0.8.x-t-0.8.2_installer.exe
Run for the first time
Connecting to a server
Note: Due to a glitch in 0.8.2 Scroll the mouse wheel to see all the servers.
Go Gank or read the MWLL_Basics_Guide