From Mechwarrior Living Legends Wiki
This article is only a stub - it's far from covering the topic to match the MWLL Wiki standards.
You may help MWLL Wiki by expanding it
Armor is the material on the chassis of Mechs, Tanks, Aerospace, and VTOLs that provides protection from enemy weapons fire.
The amount of armor varies for each vehicle in MWLL. Smaller units usually mount less armor, thus making them easier to kill.
The armor on a unit is divided into components. Depletion of the armor on these components to 0% results in the destruction of those components and all weapons that are mounted in them. For example, if both arms of a mech are destroyed, all weapons in the arms are destroyed and therefore unavailable.
As of beta 0.5.1, there is no way to add or remove armor on a Chassis, nor is there any other type of armor than Standard (Ferro Fibrous).
Mech Armor Components
On a mech, the armor is divided into:
- Left and right arm
- Left and right leg - when damaged slow down the mech, when destroyed the mech falls over
- Head - destroying the head armor means further hits can kill the pilot
- Left and right torso - when destroyed, damage is transferred to the center torso with a multiplier
- Rear torso - when damaged reduces engine output and thus speed, also transfers damage to CT when destroyed
- Center torso - destruction leads to the mech being destroyed
- Left and right external (if present)
The most effective approach for fighting Mechs differs between chassis and sometimes even variants due to different armor distributions, vulnerability of the primary weapon mounts and mounted weapons that deal secondary damage when destroyed.
Vehicle Armor Components