How to Install MWLL
The install process for Mechwarior: Living Legends (MWLL) is undergoing some rapid changes. To help developers and you, this guide will explain the process for version 0.8.5.
You may also use the reddit guide that will lead you through the installation of MWLL.
Minimum System Requirements
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista), AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista)
- RAM: 1 GB (1.5 GB on Windows Vista)
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista)
- VRAM: 256MB of Graphics Memory
- Storage: 10 to 15GB (new maps take additional space)
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Vista (See Also Linux Installation and Mac Installation)
- DirectX: DX9.0c or DX10
Note: The Action Mapper tool that is used to change keybindings uses 32-bit Java.
If you had MWLL installed previously, a clean install is recommended.
Download file and Patch
- Go to the official download page at https://clanjadewolf.net/mwll/ and:
- Download the 0.8 Installer
- Download latest patch (0.8.5)
Note: It is recommended to use the torrent when possible, for a faster download and automated error checking. If for some reason you can't use torrent, the mirror can be used.
Extract the files
Use 7-zip or a similar utility to extract the files to a temporary location.
Install the files
- Install 0.8 by running MWLL-0.8CE+CW_setup.exe
- Patch up to 0.8.5 by running MWLL-0.8.x-to-0.8.5_installer.exe
Run for the first time
Connecting to a server
It's not working! Where can I get help?
If you're new to MWLL, reading the MWLL Basics Guide will help orient you with the interface and how to play the game.
Otherwise, join a game in progress and have fun!