From Mechwarrior Living Legends Wiki
The Mechwarrior Living Legends Wiki (MWLL Wiki) is a Mechwarrior Living Legends community project designed to be a repository of information related to the mod and bring knowledge to everyone. It is a source of both game descriptions and many useful hints & ideas.
The idea of wiki was proposed by MWLL Forum guest called Drutort on 21 February 2010. Forum itself was set up on 22nd February.
|It has been asked for and we did heed the call: today, we give to you the MWLL Community Wiki at http://wiki.mechlivinglegends.net
When we say "we give to you", that is exactly what we mean: this Wiki will absolutely and only live by your participation, it is a "Community Wiki". Therefore, please ensure that when you create content on this wiki, it is correct and valid as you will be responsible for the quality of this Wiki as an informational resource, not just for new players of course.
|— Official MWLL: Community Wiki launch announcement|
In first days after wiki begun to grow rapidly, gaining new editors, and new pages. Soon few news on the MWLL website were posted, and in less than a month since it's release the wiki gained new theme.
Currently, the MWLL wiki is largest compendium about MWLL available.
As of April 2017, the MWLL wiki is steadily being brought up to date for patch 0.8.2 and readied for the future 0.8.3 release. The wiki is also receiving a number of quality-of-life improvements, such as navigation boxes and the consolidation/addition of various pages as a part of the updating process.
- 23 April 2017 - A wiki channel for all new wiki-editors is created on Discord.
- 5 February 2017 - User:DaveSparhawk becomes the first new wiki user of the 0.8.x era, beginning the long and arduous process of updating the wiki.
- 30 November 2010 - 200 Articles
- 23 October 2010 - 200 Images
- 15 June 2010 - 100 users with (TLL)RickHunter registered
- 13 April 2010 - First Featured article selected by voting: 1st Federated Suns Armored Cavalry
- 12 April 2010 - 20,000 views of the Main Page
- 11 April 2010 - 100 images
- 27 March 2010 - 50 Users
- 13 March 2010 - Snowball elected the first Editor of the month
- 13 March 2010 - New theme for wiki
- 6 March 2010 - Autoexec.cfg breaks the border of 100 articles.
- 28 February 2010 - 1000 edits
- 23 February 2010 - Skywalker becomes the first Administrator
- 21 February 2010 - Wiki is launched
Legacy News stories
- MechWarrior Living Legends Wiki: Community Interview, 08 May
- MWLL: Community Wiki launched, 22 February
- Community Wiki: Community administrator appointed, 23 February
- Full steam ahead: The first week in our Community Wiki, 01 March
- New Theme for Wiki, 13 March